“1C-Bitrix” is a popular commercial CMS from Russian developers. It was created primarily for high-loaded projects: information portals, online stores, sites of large companies and state organizations. It is most widely used in electronic commerce.
- The system is flexible and customizable – you can create and maintain a project of almost any complexity and any scale. Regular updates ensure stable operation and open up new possibilities.
- Comfortable and intuitive, in the opinion of many users, the administrative panel allows you to easily manage the content of the site.
- The boxed version includes all the necessary modules to work with the site. Each edition of the product has its own set of modules – the more expensive, the broader the functionality.”
- There is a store of ready-made solutions, “Marketplace 1C-Bitrix”, where you can find many developments, simply expanding the regular capabilities of the system, and allowing you to create a ready-made website in the shortest possible time without involving technical experts.
- Module “Search Engine Optimization” offers great opportunities for promotion in search engines.
- Integration with “1C: Enterprise”. You can keep track of all purchases through the company’s site, and the status of the order – in a personal account. All information about products will be automatically updated.
- Reliability and security – in all editions, except for “Start”, the module “Proactive protection” is included. It includes a firewall, antivirus, DDOS protection, etc.
- Sites created on the platform are monitored for quality. Although the monitoring does not give a hundred percent guarantee, but it allows you to make sure that during the development process critical errors have not been committed.
- System “Composite Site” – a unique, patented technology that speeds up the loading of the resource by optimizing the delivery of content and creating cached copies of pages.
- For implementation and communication with “1C: Enterprise” it is necessary to involve professionals.
- Code redundancy and complex architecture. To support the site and modifications need a programmer who has studied the system.
- Demanding for resources. The server must be sufficiently powerful. However, many hosters offer affordable rates for “1C-Bitrix”, which removes the problem. In addition to the cost of the “engine” itself, it should be noted that the cost of programmers on the “Bitrix” is usually higher than average.
- Paid upgrade system. The term of the update – 1 year.
Complex, large and high-loaded projects work well on 1C-Bitrix. For a small site, it is better to choose a simpler CMS – this will save money on product and service development.
WordPress was created as a CMS for blogging. But thanks to the development of plugins, you can now even create an online store on WordPress. This is an easy-to-learn and easy-to-support “engine” for novice site builders. If difficulties arise, it is possible to refer to the WordPress Code, where answers to the most important questions are given.
- Multifunctionality. The possibilities of the site can be expanded through plug-ins.
- Easy to install, configure and administer. The system is designed so that even a person could work with it, far from programming.
- Free distribution. The “engine” itself, plugins for it, and some design templates are distributed freely. There are many free themes and design templates that can be finalized.
- Integration with third-party services. For example, Livejournal, Instagram, Atom, online chats, RSS, trackback, pingback, etc.
- Possible conflict of plug-ins. Plugins are produced by third-party companies and specialists-enthusiasts, so vary in quality.
- Low functionality of the basic version. If you want to expand capabilities, without plugins can not do.
- Failures in the automatic update. You have to create a backup and update manually. One more problem – because of the large number of plugins site becomes “heavy”, loads longer, works slower.
- Low security. Free plugins and themes can have “holes” through which the site can be infected with viruses or used for spam.
WordPress is still good for blogging, it can also be used to create small commercial projects. But it is worth bearing in mind the risks. The plugins on which the functionality of the site is based can stop working at a moment’s notice. Therefore the “engine” is not recommended for the development of online stores and complex, large sites.
- Popularity. There are many ready-made modules and add-ons online. Ready-made design solutions are available, many of which are free.
- The system allows developers to refine the functionality on their own.
- Free distribution. Distributed under the standard GPL public license. Modules and plugins are also free. The system is easy to install and requires no special hosting. Works on Linux, Mac OS and other servers.
- Manuals and instructions are freely available, making it easy to master a new CMS for the developer.
- The system supports more than 60 languages, there is a configuration of access rights and group administration, built-in newsletter manager, you can create an unlimited number of pages, etc.
- Low quality modules. Delivered for free and have no technical support. Therefore, to ensure the performance of the site requires a programmer.
- Complicated modernization. The system is easy to install, but the modernization is done by add-ons, that is, “crutches”.
- Complex control panel. The internal control panel requires study, sometimes simple operations take too much time.
- Redundant code and additional modules, which are often not optimized, reduce the speed of the site.
- Security problems. The low quality of plugins implies easy hacking. And because of the large number of modules is difficult to find a “hole” in the protection. Solved by installing additional modules.
Joomla perfectly copes with tasks on small projects. On this engine you can create information sites, simple online stores, personal pages of brands. As with all such solutions, the merits are a source of problems – plug-ins often do not have support, documentation and proper protection.
Drupal is written in PHP and differs in that it uses a relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL and others) as a repository and is also used as a framework for CMF (Content Management Framework) frameworks.
- Many modules. Thanks to the developed community of developers, new modules are constantly appearing, updates are issued, and bugs are corrected in time.
- Flexibility of configurations. CMS can be used for any type of site: social media, blogs, forums, job sites, portfolio.
- Open source code. This is free software, which can be used under license GPL (GNU General Public License), ie, copy, modify and redistribute for free.
- Search engine, which is built into the CMS. It is implemented at the core level and allows you to easily find information on the site. Reduces the load on the server, reducing the time of generation of pages, and also allows you to avoid complex queries to the database, which increases productivity.
- If you have the qualifications, the system can be built from a clean core, to which the modules you need are connected.
- High requirements for hosting. For the correct operation of the site on Drupal requires support for PHP from 5.6, MySQL from 5.0, PostgreSQL from version 8.3 and above, from 500 megabytes of RAM and enough space on your hard disk.
- Complex interface. The system has no simplifications, which may cause difficulties for novice developers. Originally, the system is designed for professionals, so it is difficult to understand than other CMS.
- Uncomfortable, built-in tools SEO. The problem is solved by installing special modules. For example, Drupal generates duplicate pages. To get rid of them, you need to install and configure appropriate modules.
- Complicated installation of modules for beginners. All updates and additional modules are installed via FTP. In addition, most of the modules work only in conjunction – to get one function, you may need to install two more modules.-No technical support. This can be a problem for inexperienced users – all difficulties will have to be solved independently.
Drupal – a good solution for developers who know how to program and want to make a quality site with minimal investment. But for beginners this CMS can seem complicated and take much time. You will also need a powerful hosting, which will provide performance and high speed of the site.